a compilation of cpa review questions that can help aspiring student
to become cpa
Click to set custom HTML
Click to set custom HTML
Theory of Accounts 1-3
1. The conceptual framework specifically mentions two underlying assumptions, namely
a. accrual and going concern
b. accrual and accounting entity
c. going concern and time period
d. time period and monetary unit
2. Which of the following terms best describes financial statements whose basis of accounting recognizes transactions and other events when they occur?
a. accrual basis of accounting
b. going concern basis of accounting
c. cash basis of accounting
d. invoice basis of accounting
3. The accrual basis of accounting is based primarily on
a. conservatism and revenue realization
b. conservatism and matching
c. consistency and matching
d. revenue realization and matching
4. Which of the following statements best describes the term going concern?
a. when current liabilities of an entity exceed current assets
b. the ability of the entity to continue in operation for the foreseeable future
c. the potential to contribute to the flow of cash and cash equivalents to the entity
d. the expenses of an entity exceed its income
5. Which of the following is not an implication of the going concern assumption?
a. the historical cost principle is credible
b. depreciation and amortization policies are justifiable and appropriate
c. the current and noncurrent classification of assets and liabilities is justifiable and significant
d. amortizing research and development costs over several periods is justifiable and appropriate
6.The relatively stable economic, political and social environment supports
d. going concern
7. The financial statements that are prepared for the entity are separate and distinct from the owners according to the
a. going concern principle
b. matching principle
c. economic entity assumption
d. accounting period assumption
8. Which underlying concept serves as the basis for preparing financial statements at regular intervals?
a. accounting entity
b. going concern
c. accounting period
d. stable monetary unit
9. Which of the following is not an important characteristic of the financial statements that accountants currently prepare?
a. the information in financial statements is expressed in units of money adjusted for changing purchasing power
b. financial statements articulate with one another because measuring financial position is related to measuring changes in financial position
c. the information in financial statements is summarized and classified to help meet users' needs
d. financial statements can be justified only if the benefits they provide exceed the costs
10. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
a. the accrual method, which builds directly on the revenue and matching principles, ignores the timing of cash receipts or payments in determining when to recognize revenue or expenses
b. in accordance with the unit of measure assumption, accountants normally revise the amounts to reflect the changing purchasing power of money due to inflation or deflation
c. in accordance with the going concern assumption, the life of an entity is presumed to be indefinite
d. accountants prepare financial statements at arbitrary points in time during and entity's lifetime in accordance with the accounting concept of accounting period
"Questions are lifted from the following sources: PHICPA, AICPA, AA,ACP,PAS, PFRS, IAS, IFRS
A CPA who want to help accounting student to become one.